CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Golf, in January--

We did it !! We got out and golfed for the first time in 2009. Good lord the conditions were deplorable, our shoes are wrecked, our feet are sore but oh my what a fun time !! We went to Sumner Meadows one of my fav places to play--they were closed last week-end due to flooding, and I've got to say, they should have paid us to play... Our tee time was for 11:04. When we got there, we found that the entire clubhouse had been flooded and they were working out of the cart barn, with only 1 computer, so it was backed up already. No biggie. We got signed in and headed off to #1, we already knew that there would be someone with us, his name was Matt. 2 groups in front, so we tried to warm-up, seriously, it was still in what I think was the upper 30's. We had layers on. I had mentioned to Melina that on hole number 1 as long as you stayed to the left you would be fine; when we tee'd off I proceed to put 1 all the way to the right over the water to the 9th fairway, 2nd ball, right into the water, just further up, took another drop and moved on and took and 8, which frankly, I was happy with. Man it was really soggy out there, took a while to get through the front 9--I got my first ball back, it was still lying there (who's going to pick up a pink ladies ball), and Melina had an amazing shot out of the bunker smack into the hole, we screamed. In the end, I ended up with 2 pars and 1 birdie and lost I don't know how many balls--I developed a slice like I've never seen today, gotta fix that quick. And I don't think that the temperature ever got much above 42, maybe...Man we had a good time...(Matt took our pic, but had to take his first :)

1 comments:

Kaaren said...

I was wondering who that...interesting guy was.