CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back Tracking

Let's go back a week, it was Christmas Day, we were still living the snow that wouldn't go away and we were getting more still. My Mom calls bright and early, not so much to wish us a Merry Christmas, but to regrettably let us know that brother number 2 and his family were still stuck and let's postpone. It was disappointing and relaxing at the same time.

So, I poured another cup of coffee (and proceeded to spill it, oh well) and sit back to watch the wrapping paper come off. It seems as my child gets older she takes more time to open and comment on each gift, no need to mention those comments.

I think that she enjoyed most of her gifts, she got enough of them -- I suppose that there are 1 or 2 she's not totally enamored with, but who doesn't get something that that giver thinks you'll love, and well, they just say 'thanks' :)
Since we had planned on eating all of Grandma's food, we really didn't have anything for a proper (as we know it) Christmas meal. Off to the store we went, where we were very much surprised to find it as busy as the day before Thanksgiving. This it seems, was much to the chagrin of our not so happy to be there checker. In an instant I decided that just because he had to deal with way more people than maybe everyone thought, he should be in a little better mood. So I just chattered and clucked my way through the whole check-out process and by they time he was handing me my receipt, I think that he was in a little better mood. He only had an hour left and I hope that he then got to go home to a wonderful holiday.
We spent the rest of the day eating, lounging, eating, watching the Devil Wears Prada, eating-- you get the picture.