CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to New Year's Day

So, as you may recall the weather outside was frightful, and driving not so delightful, so Christmas was moved to New Year's Day. My CRS kicked in and once we were on the road and made a quick to call to Anacortes it was determined that we were in fact running late (and come to find out, forgot 2 gifts). Traffic wasn't too bad and we made pretty good time--without pit stops.

Once there, I needed to walk a bit, and get some of the road stiffness out, so I asked the cutest baby in the house if he wanted to go outside for a bit--dang, he's a good boy. There's nothing sweeter than feeling the warmth of a 15 month old hand grasping your finger while you walk.


We had great meal with lots of tasty vegies (and the rolls of course) and ham. After dinner we sat at the table and ate See's Candies.
Opening gifts was a blast !! We drew names this year and I think that everyone got some interesting gifts. I know that I was very pleased with mine; thank you Cody, you did good and your thank you card will be in the mail shortly.
Next came something that we've never done, take a family picture. Brother number 3 and his family couldn't make it over (have I mentioned the weather), so they weren't there, nor was my sister, (we missed you all) but we still filled the room.

What an amazing day, I hope that we can all get together again soon... the zoo anyone ?? HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

1 comments:

enfanta said...

omigawd.

Is that my family!?

/me falls over in shock.