CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Excellent Day

It's February, I don't expect much out of the weather in the Pacific NorthWET, but today was EXCELLENT !! BEYOND EXCELLENT !!! Especially for February 21st, it should be raining...it started slow, cold and frosty; I didn't get out of the house until 11ish. Went to Lowes, they don't have anything out yet except primroses and well everyone has them (at a better price) and I have enough :) Did a little grocery shopping and thought that I would hit the sale at JoAnn's for some fabric-- my local store didn't really have much so I started home and well, those of you that know me, know that my radio is usually tuned to sports talk radio and today is no different and thank goodness cuz Jr's home !! I sat in my car in the driveway for over 1/2 an hour (maybe longer) listening to the press conference. And while I am still skeptical, I am very excited for this baseball season; and while I realize that Jr is not the second coming (get it :) I loved what he had to say. I don't believe that Jr is the great communicator, but I think that he is an honest man and I believed what he said. As a fan, we don't need to know what goes on in the club house, what matters is what goes on on the field and if Jr can bring some excitement to the field, amen :) I have to say, I haven't been this excited for baseball in Seattle in long time... right now, I can't wait !!


Ok, so I finally got out of my car and headed into the yard, and I'm so glad I did !!

The day was amazing !! I had to start painting things ;) I paint a LOT of things, it started with rocks ... I started painting the cooler, and ran out of paint, I probably should have primed it first, but oh well. Next I started in on the plants, I trimmed back almost everything; I used the trimming's as a sort mulch on some of the bigger plants. I decided if they don't come back, well, they'll be replaced !!


But one of the best parts about being outside today was watching the babies, ok so they're not really babies, but dang, they are to me!! They have only been going out for the last couple of days and they really seem to be enjoying it !! In fact, they love it so much, they are sound asleep-- Meow Mix and Toby were with us too, but they just don't like having their pics taken :) Dang, it was a glorious day, I was outside until at least 5, maybe 6, maybe later, I LOVE being in the yard !!

the other thing I noticed is how bad I need a haircut !! And not just any haircut, but eeek what I have just doesn't fit me anymore--I feel a big change in the wind--


oh and just for the record, I have been TRYING to stretch and / or exercise 5 days a week -- I swear !! Wednesday and Thursday I walked from Main Street down to Emerald Downs and back; my pedometer needs to be recalibrated, but I think it's ~ 4.5 miles... I really get into it--swinging my water bottle and making up words to the songs on my shuffle :)
i love my yard !!!

0 comments: